Shock Totem #10 (Jan 2016)
- Shock Totem #11—Available Now!
- The State of Shock Totem Publications, or We Are Not ChiZine Publications
- Closing for Submissions
- Shock Totem Returns!
- Apex Publications Acquires Shock Totem Book Line
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 8
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 7
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 6
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 5
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 4
Like what you've read here or in the magazine? Please consider donating.
Tag Archives: Bec Zugor
Bec guessed The Wicked, which is the correct answer. As I stated in the contest post below, all the clues you needed to lead you to the answer were in that post. The first, and probably least obvious, was “wicked” in the post title. But the real clues were in the image itself.
Figuring out what kind of car that is was probably the hardest for most people. It is a Bugatti. Minus the “atti,” and you’re left with Bug. A gold one, thus “Gold Bug,” or “The Gold-Bug,” Poe’s well-known tale of cryptograms and secret writing. You will also see Poe himself in the dashboard/windshield area near the steering wheel, as well as a raven on the roof.
The numbers at the bottom represent words within “The Gold-Bug,” and the first letter of each of those words spells out The Wicked, which is the title of our upcoming novel. More on that soon.
So congratulations to Bec!
And thanks to everyone who gave it a go. We plan to have more contests like this one in the future.