Shock Totem #10 (Jan 2016)
- Shock Totem #11—Available Now!
- The State of Shock Totem Publications, or We Are Not ChiZine Publications
- Closing for Submissions
- Shock Totem Returns!
- Apex Publications Acquires Shock Totem Book Line
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 8
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 7
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 6
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 5
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 4
Like what you've read here or in the magazine? Please consider donating.
Tag Archives: Best of 2011
As we enter 2012, let’s take a quick look back at some of our favorite things (that we could actually remember) from 2011.
Skullbelly, by Ronald Malfi
Bear in a Muddy Tutu, by Cole Alpaugh
“Map of Seventeen,” by Christopher Barzak
Animosity, by James Newman
Full Dark, No Stars, by Stephen King
The Zombie Feed, Vol. 1, Edited by Jason Sizemore
FAVORITE MAINSTREAM NOVEL/NOVELLA/NOVELETTE:
Mrs. Peregrin’s Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs
There Is No Year, by Blake Butler
11/22/63, by Stephen King
Tie between Treachery in Death and New York to Dallas, by J.D. Robb
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
The brilliant work of Darrell Schweitzer
Gemmy Butterfly Collection™
The Memphis Morticians
The Parlor Mob
Lie to Me
Dystopia, by Iced Earth
Bad as Me, by Tom Waits
Thirteen, by http://www.megadeth.com
Unfortunately, for various reasons, we couldn’t all give picks for certain categories. I didn’t read a single novel last year that actually came out in 2011, for instance. So no Novel pick from me. Sarah didn’t read any small-press novels/novellas/novelettes that came out in 2011, so no pick from her.
And the old gray matter just failed us on other things. Which of course means right after this goes live the answers will become clear…
Anyway, as you can see, we have varied tastes that extend well beyond horror. Check out some of our picks; you’ll probably discover something great.