Shock Totem #10 (Jan 2016)
- Shock Totem #11—Available Now!
- The State of Shock Totem Publications, or We Are Not ChiZine Publications
- Closing for Submissions
- Shock Totem Returns!
- Apex Publications Acquires Shock Totem Book Line
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 8
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 7
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 6
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 5
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 4
Like what you've read here or in the magazine? Please consider donating.
Tag Archives: Chris Kuriata
Shock Totem 11 is live!
We’ve put together another fantastic issue for you, our biggest to date, with nearly 60,000 words of fiction alone!
Cover art by Mikio Murakami.
Here is the official Table of Contents:
* Notes from The Editor’s Desk
* The Fluids That Giveth and Those That Taketh, by Chad Stroup
* His Hands, by Natalia Theodoridou
* Georgia on My Mind, by Robert Ford
* Bird on a Wire, by Chad Lutzke (Narrative Nonfiction)
* Our Gentleman of Blue Bay Massage, by Chris Kuriata
* Summertide, by Josh Malerman
* Strange Goods and Other Oddities (Reviews)
* Plague Rooster, by Micah Hyatt (Poetry)
* The Dark Lord of Silk, by Brian Trent
* From “Family Man” to Renaissance Man: A Conversation with Henry Rollins, by Chad Lutzke
* Ichthyosis, by Pierce Skinner
* Mastectomy Scars, by Mark Matthews
* In the Field Where the Fireflies Glow, by Trevor Firetog
* Damage, Inc., by Aaron Dries
* Howling Through the Keyhole (Author Notes)
As I mention in the “Notes from The Editor’s Desk” piece, this one lacks the amount of nonfiction that is featured in past issues, and that is simply because in our push to get all of the submissions read, we weren’t paying attention to the total word count. Ultimately we accepted enough for two issues, and my initial plan was to hold back some stories for issue 12. Knowing what I know now, however, how my work schedule and other responsibilities keep me from focusing on Shock Totem for a good part of the year, I didn’t want to hold those stories any longer than we already had.
So all of them went into this issue! Given the caliber of talent featured here, I don’t anyone will mind.
If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks for your patience and support!