Shock Totem #10 (Jan 2016)
- Shock Totem #11—Available Now!
- The State of Shock Totem Publications, or We Are Not ChiZine Publications
- Closing for Submissions
- Shock Totem Returns!
- Apex Publications Acquires Shock Totem Book Line
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 8
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 7
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 6
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 5
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 4
Like what you've read here or in the magazine? Please consider donating.
Tag Archives: H.L. Fullerton
Steven won with his story “The Whole Tooth.”
The contest was close this month. The top three were all within a point of each other, and we had a three-way tie for Second!
In addition to Steven’s winning tale, Megan Engelhardt (her fourth top-three finish), H.L. Fullerton (July’s winner), and Amanda C. Davis (her sixth time in the top three) all tied for Second Place, and Allison Dellinger took Third Place.
Steven’s story, plus this year’s four previous winning stories, will be judged by a neutral reader, someone who is not on the staff and has not participated in any contest, and the story he or she chooses will be published in issue #6!
So a big congratulations to all the winners throughout 2012!
And the winner is…
Amanda C. Davis, whose story “Drift” can be found in issue #3, won our flash fiction contest for March. She won with her story “Dolly at the End of the World,” which was based on this prompt. This is Amanda’s second First Place win; she won previously in May of 2010. She also had a Second and Third Place finish last year.
Sounds like winning to me. The real kind that comes from hard work and talent.
But let’s not forget this month’s Second and Third Place winners: Simon C. Larter and H.L. Fullerton, respectively.
If you know them, congratulate them. It was a tough one this month.