- Alien: Out of the Shadows
- Shock Totem #8.5—Now Available!
- O Little Town of Deathlehem
- The One-Hour Flash Fiction Challenge
- Blood, Bones, and Brushstrokes: A Review of Daniele Serra’s Veins and Skulls
- March 2014 Flash Fiction Contest
- A Game of Survival: How Indie Developers Revitalized Survival Horror
- Shock Totem #8—Now Available!
- The New Black
- ATTACK! of the B-Movie Monsters: Night of the Gigantis
Like what you've read here or in the magazine? Please consider donating.
Tag Archives: Lani Carroll
Steven won with his story “The Whole Tooth.”
The contest was close this month. The top three were all within a point of each other, and we had a three-way tie for Second!
In addition to Steven’s winning tale, Megan Engelhardt (her fourth top-three finish), H.L. Fullerton (July’s winner), and Amanda C. Davis (her sixth time in the top three) all tied for Second Place, and Allison Dellinger took Third Place.
Steven’s story, plus this year’s four previous winning stories, will be judged by a neutral reader, someone who is not on the staff and has not participated in any contest, and the story he or she chooses will be published in issue #6!
So a big congratulations to all the winners throughout 2012!
Lani won with her story “Mid-Autumn Moon.” The prompt for this contest was based on Xochimilco, specifically Santana Barrera’s chinampa, sometimes known as the Island of Dolls. You can read about it here, here and here. Sleep well!
Participants were required to build their story around the concept of an island of dolls. Nearly 50 signed up, 31 finished.