Shock Totem #10 (Jan 2016)
- Shock Totem #11—Available Now!
- The State of Shock Totem Publications, or We Are Not ChiZine Publications
- Closing for Submissions
- Shock Totem Returns!
- Apex Publications Acquires Shock Totem Book Line
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 8
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 7
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 6
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 5
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 4
Like what you've read here or in the magazine? Please consider donating.
Tag Archives: Scott Cole
As one of the new authors chosen for the New Bizarro Author Series line from Eraserhead Press, Scott Cole‘s Superghost is a wildly fun ride.
The story involves Darren, a recent amputee plagued with “phantom limb syndrome.” He tires of being bothered by an arm that isn’t there so he contacts a doctor. A doctor who turns out not be the most upstanding physician around. See, the mad doctor has created a machine that enables him to “steal” phantom limbs…limbs he then saves to create the most badass Frankensteinian monster-of-a-ghost the world has ever seen.
So Darren and his posse—a legless former Olympics athlete, Darren’s girlfriend (she is a girl and a friend), and some others—fights to destroy the doctor and his creatures and return everyone’s phantom limbs.
Silly? Hell yeah.
Fun? Fuck yeah!
Cole writes in a smartly sharp and lean manner. His characters are believable and fun. With Superghost, I’ve become a fan of Cole’s work and I look forward to whatever madcap adventures he pens next.
Superghost is available via Eraserhead Press.