Shock Totem #10 (Jan 2016)
- The State of Shock Totem Publications, or We Are Not ChiZine Publications
- Closing for Submissions
- Shock Totem Returns!
- Apex Publications Acquires Shock Totem Book Line
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 8
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 7
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 6
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 5
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 4
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 3
Like what you've read here or in the magazine? Please consider donating.
Tag Archives: Sunday Digs
While you were all riveted to the gyrations of the train wreck that is Miley Cyrus and her bizarrely discolored tongue, this shit was going on.
And while Mrs. Nugent was being hauled away for packing at an airport, this story cropped up…
There are things that are, sometimes, so immeasurably messed up that it is difficult to process them as truth. Being a writer and fan of horror, it usually takes a great deal to rattle me…but this story, so strange in its creepiness and what-the-fuckism, chilled me: In 2008 a Georgia woman faked the pregnancy and deaths of her imaginary twins in a twisted bid to make her step-son look bad!
In Oklahoma City, Azathoth, the Lovecraftian god of chaos, has some fans who felt the need to enlighten townsfolk who dine at the Paseo Grill by mysteriously delivering a heavy stone monument to their favorite destroyer.
Till next time…
Hey. It’s Sunday. Let’s get to gettin’. Here are a handful of links from around the Internet that we found interesting this past week.
How about a little claymation gore in the form of Drug Bust Doody?
C’mon, it’s only a shot in the head. Walk it off. And after you’re all nice and warmed up, here’s a video that highlights camel toe and bad lipstick. It elicited true horror when I realized it wasn’t a joke.
Elsewhere, a 17-year-old is buried alive for a suspected crime.
Who knew a flat world on the backs of four elephants balancing on a turtle swimming through space was full of such good advice? Check out these <quotes from Discworld.
And last but not least, here’s a cool pic of some damaged and melted wax figures after a 1925 fire at Madame Tussauds. Awesome.