- Apex Publications Acquires Shock Totem Book Line
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 8
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 7
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 6
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 5
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 4
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 3
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 2
- The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Thing: Musings on Jaws, Part 1
- Splatterpunk #7
Like what you've read here or in the magazine? Please consider donating.
Tag Archives: Voltaire
This coming Friday through Sunday, Shock Totem Publications (Sarah and I ) will be heading up to Portsmouth, New Hampshire, for the second annual Anthology conference (AnthoCon).
“The Anthology 2012 conference, presented by The Four Horsemen and Shroud Publishing, will showcase the imaginative talent in speculative fiction and art, with an additional focus on the convergence of images and literature. The conference will feature a number of engaging panel discussions and workshops helmed by bestselling authors, award-winning artists, and other creative and industry professionals. Also, Anthology 2012 will host a comprehensive dealer room that will include rare books, comics, art, games, and a number of other valuable creative products.”
We will have a table in the vendor room, which access to is FREE to the public! So stop on by. We’d love to meet you.
Also in the vendor room will be T.R.O. Publishing, the fine ladies of Broad Universe, the New England Horror Writers group (of which I am a proud member), and many more. Honored guests include authors Gary A. Braunbeck, Lucy Snyder, Rick Hautala and Holly Newstein, as well as artist Malcolm McClinton. There will be an art show and film festival, and…
The mighty Voltaire will be on hand performing songs and reading from his new novel, Call of the Jersey Devil. (Seriously, folks, this guy named an album Riding a Black Unicorn Down the Side of an Erupting Volcano While Drinking from a Chalice Filled with the Laughter of Small Children. Easily the greatest album title of all time.)
Typical convention stuff will also ensue—panels, reading, pitch sessions, debauchery, etc. And on a personal note, The Four Horsemen will be unleashing their very first anthology, aptly titled Anthology: Year One.
I am particularly excited about this because I have a story included called “She Cries.” The official release will be on Saturday at 6 PM. Many of the other authors will also be present for signings, maybe readings.
So if you’re in the neighborhood, or looking for something to do this weekend, come to AnthoCon! And if you’re already planning to attend, we’ll see you there.